Kohler Foundation believes the power of small investments, thoughtfully made, create lasting impact.
Beginning in 2023, Kohler Foundation will be moving to a single annual grant cycle.
While our funding priorities remain the same, this is a shift in timing. The grant cycle will be open July 15 through September 15. Awards will be made before the end of the application year.
KFI FUNDING PRIORITIES
Kohler Foundation makes grants to tax-exempt public charities described under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code or public institutions such as schools or governmental entities. Kohler Foundation is organized to engage in, advance, support, promote and administer educational and artistic activities primarily within the Sheboygan County region. While our focus remains local to this area, we also support arts and education programs in rural communities in the state of Wisconsin, particularly those which have already been the recipients of KFI investment through its other program areas (e.g. Art Preservation), and rural areas where there is little other philanthropic capital available.
- Programs within the fields of arts and education are of special interest to KFI’s grant committee, including STEAM initiatives (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics); Increasing access to the arts (e.g. transportation, visiting artists/distance learning, rural outreach, technology); Programs which have a specific plan to create an impact of greater proportion than a small grant might initially reflect.
- Requests for technology and equipment may receive funding occasionally, but not on an ongoing basis.
- KFI does not fund grant requests that are solely for general operating support (e.g. salaries, overhead). In addition, Kohler Foundation’s grant program does not award funds for capital campaigns or building projects, fundraising drives, or event sponsorships. We cannot respond to standardized fundraising appeals.
- Please fill out the entire online application and NOTE that the form must be completed in one sitting, or it will time out in 24 hours. http://www.kohlerfoundation.org/grants
- K-12 schools are also required to include a cover letter from the principal of the school, explaining how the request fits into the school’s overall strategic goals and priorities.