Kohler Foundation’s grant program primarily supports educational and arts initiatives.
- Eligible grant applicants must be classified as tax-exempt public charities (Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3)) or public institutions (i.e. schools, governmental entities).
- Geographic preference is Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, followed by small towns in Wisconsin. We rarely, if ever, make grants outside the state of Wisconsin.
As an organization, much of our effort is directed to numerous ongoing programs which were initiated many years ago by Kohler Foundation and which we continue to maintain. Our grants, therefore, usually do not exceed $5,000. We do not contribute to operating expenses, capital campaigns, or annual fundraising drives, nor do we provide event sponsorships.
Annual Deadlines for proposals are March 15 and September 15. If your organization wishes to submit a proposal, we ask that you follow our simple guidelines below. We endeavor to make the grant request submission process simple and flexible for eligible charitable organizations.
First time applicants (or those who have not applied for some time) are strongly encouraged to visit with Program Director Carolynn Lee, to discuss whether your request fits Kohler Foundation guidelines.
1. We prefer applications to be submitted via email, in order to save postage and paper. Email submissions to Program Director Carolynn Lee.
2. Fill out the entire Grant Questionnaire, in order, starting with Name of Organization, and include a detailed project budget.
3. K-12 Schools are also required to include a cover letter from the Principal of the School, explaining how the request fits into the school's overall strategic goals and priorities.
Click here for the Grant Questionnaire. Contact our office if you have any difficulty with the document: 920-458-1972